Delectation for all the senses
HIGHLIGHTS AT WEIN AM BERG
Wein am Berg from 19th to 22nd April 2018: Be there and take your senses on an unparalleled journey into the fascinating cosmos of gourmet-being at more than 3,000 m. Highlights for all those who know to appreciate the special.
Details about the Wein am Berg programme 2018 to follow.
This was Wein am Berg 2017
- We begin the evening with wines from the Renowned Wineries of Burgenland and traditional, Austrian appetizers.
- ‘Austrian evening’, featuring local gourmet food, created by the toque-awarded chef in Das Central, Gottfried Prantl, Carinthia’s 3 time toque-awarded chef Hubert Wallner, and South Tyrol’s toque and star-awarded chef, Reimund Brunner. Accompanied by the best wine from the Renowned Wineries of Burgenland.
- Charity Casino evening, Gin Tonic night and music from DJ Waz in the hotel bar
- During the day, exclusive skiing enjoyment in the company of famous winter sports legends such as Felix Neureuther, Frank Wörndl, Marc Girardelli and Günther Mader
- Exclusive wine tasting event at the reservoir on the glacier
- Gourmet BBQ on the Tiefenbach glacier at 2,800m altitude
- Presentation of all winegrowers in the ball room of the hotel
- 'Grande Fête des Cuisiniers': A glittering Friday evening, where the emphasis is on pleasure and unadulterated ‘joie de vivre’, featuring exquisite foods & wines from both countries. Food highlights from Johann Lafer, Hans Stefan Steinheuer and Gottfried Prantl. And to bring the evening to a delicious close – cheese & desserts in the hotel lobby.
- Afterwards James Bond Night and Charity Casino Roulette in the hotel bar
- During the day, First-Class-Skiing with famous skiing greats Stephan Eberharter, Marc Girardelli, Frank Wörndl, Günther Mader and other icons of alpine skiing
- Spectacular high-altitude wine tasting at over 3,000 m above sea level
- Gourmet lunch before the breathtaking backdrop of the Ötztal mountains
- A culinary-oenophile journey through Austria and Germany at the ‘Big Bottle Party’ on Saturday evening in the Giggijoch mountain restaurant at 2,200m altitude
Programme subject to change